Sunday, April 25, 2010
Thursday, April 22, 2010
I get asked all the time how to shed the pounds from the stomach. Everybody wants a flat mid section with tight and toned abs.
The truth is, no matter how many sit-ups you do, your diet will be the thing to make your stomach flat and cut. Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do abdominal work in the gym. In fact that’s what gives you strength, increases your lean muscle mass and helps you shed pounds faster.
Still, in order to see a difference in how your stomach looks, clean eating needs to take its place in your daily routine. That means lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and healthy fats. The more natural foods you eat and the more you spend time cooking your own food instead of eating out, the more likely you are to see a flat stomach.
Healthy Clean Eating + Abdominal Work = A Flat Stomach
Hard work pays off. So start today and you’ll see a change in a few months!
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Hi everyone! Sorry it’s been so long. I wanted to share with you all today a wonderful easy dinner I just made. Although I’ve never been a chef myself, eating healthy and experimenting with spices makes it easy to cook anything. Here’s my dinner recipe!
Lemon Chicken with Whole Grain Rice and Snow Peas
Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1. Marinate chicken by placing it in a bag with freshly squeezed lemon juice and rind, EVOO, Italian Seasonings, and Pepper. Leave in fridge anywhere from 30 minutes to 24 hours.
2. After letting it marinate, cut chicken into small square pieces and place on skillet on medium heat. Cut fresh garlic and add to the skillet along with the lemon rinds, EVOO, Italian Seasonings and Pepper to your liking. Cook for about 10-15 minutes covered or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
3. Wash and cut off the ends of the snow peas. Place in a different skillet on medium heat with EVOO, fresh garlic, pepper, Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the skin browns just a bit.
4. For the whole grain rice, I use the Success brand so that you can put the individual bags in a pot with boiling water and have it done in about 3 minutes. Add EVOO and spices to the rice to your liking.
5. Serve it all on a plate with some extra lemon slices for those that want a little more of its flavor.
And there you have a healthy, refreshing meal. Hope you enjoy!